Friday, February 13, 2015

In the kitchen: Making dog biscuits

I love baking! I find it particularly good for taking frustrations out as I beat the life out of the ingredients and of course there is the scent of the freshly made baking filling the house too…and usually, I do have the nanny aka, the dog, watching my every move. So, when a recipe for dog biscuits appeared in a recent mailing from Pets At Home’s VIP club, I couldn’t say no to making a homemade treat for the dog, could I?

IMAG0581 

I’m not going to lie. I hate the smell of peanut butter! And what was the main ingredient of the biscuits? Peanut butter! Not going to lie that the biscuits were quick and easy to make and didn’t take too long to bake either.

And the verdict? Well, we did have a wee nibble given that they did smell alright but the taste…it was bland! At least to us. To the dog, Meg…she absolutely loved them! As soon as she got one, she was gone in a trail of dust. Well that’s what it was like anyway. It’s probably something I’d consider making for her once in a while as a special treat. She’ll just have to make do with the usual inbetween.

IMAG0583

No comments: