Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Slowly cooking – Coca-Cola Barbeque Ribs

Over a year ago, we bought a slow cooker.Three words: BEST.BUY.EVER! I love the idea of being able to throw items into a pot and just cook it over several hours. One issue that I have found is that looking for recipes online under slow cooker can be difficult. But look under crockpot and you’re laughing.

I’ve got pulled barbeque chicken well a truly down to an art. I’ve tried making honey chicken wings (not so keen on) and lemon chicken (again, not keen on). We’ve even tried making a casserole in it (the results were not great for a first attempt!). The latest attempt was making coca-cola ribs!

Coca-Cola Barbeque Ribs in Slow Cooker Wish this was smellavision

I originally tried similar ribs in Clydebuilt, the restaurant within the SECC in Glasgow last year and thought I’d have a look for a recipe to try at home. The one I tried was found on TheFrugalGirls.com. This first time I’ve made them (the last time they were made for me) I’ve tweaked it slight by adding more cola as it didn’t seem to be enough. But they’re absolutely gorgeous and just drop off the bone (that makes it for fun trying to get them OUT the slow cooker).

Maybe next time I might even have a bash at making my own barbeque sauce…anyone got a recommended recipe?

Coca-Cola Barbeque Ribs
Bon Appitite!

No comments: