Friday, July 03, 2015

Taste Testing: Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli Chicken Flavour Noodles

I’ll try anything once. Look under the food tag for that one. And this is one of those moments. While shopping in one of the local supermarkets (don’t want to show favouritism after all :p) at the weekend, this just happened to be shouting at me (it of course had nothing to do with the fact that it was on offer at only £1)

 Sweet Chilli Chicken Flavour Noodles by Blue Dragon // packagingSweet Chilli Chicken Flavour Noodles by Blue Dragon // packaging

I’m not going to lie. I may be a little very partial to the sweet chilli sauce produced by Blue Dragon so of course I wasn’t going to have any issue with trying this. After all, in my mind it was just a Pot Noodle produced by someone else, right?

Well, on opening you’re presented with 3 little packages:

Sweet Chilli Chicken Flavour Noodles by Blue Dragon // The ingrediantsFrom left to right we have dried vegetables, the flavouring and of course the noodles. Now it all very simple to make. Open the dried veg and flavourings and pour into the pot you’ve just taken them out of then add the noodles. Fill to the line shown on the packaging (apparently it’s about 200ml), pop lid back on for approx. 2.5 mins, stir separating the noodles, pop the lid back on and wait another 2.5 mins and then,  voila! Ready to eat.

Sweet Chilli Chicken Flavour Noodles by Blue Dragon // final result

Taste wise they were alright. It was just a nice balance that I think anyone would appreciate. And the portion size was just right too despite what you might think on initially opening the package. My only concern was that they did seem a little watery so probably the next time I’d fill it just below the line. Think getting the water level right, for me, is going to be like adding water to the tomato soup paste by heinz…but that’s another story. Might see what other flavours are available and give them a go.

No comments: